VERSES FROM THE BUEATIFUL QURAN THAT WILL MAKE YOU CRY
Had We sent down this Qur'an on a mountain, verily, thou would have seen it humble itself and cleave asunder for fear of Allah, such are the similitudes which We propound to men, that they may reflect. (Hashr, 21)
If that's how a mountain would react, how can we not be driven to tears?
*(70) Except those who repent and believe (in Islâmic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allâh will change their sins into good deeds, and Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful
*(71) And whosoever repents and does righteous good deeds, then verily, he repents towards Allâh with true repentance.
*Surah Yusuf (92-93)
He(yusuf alyhissalaam) said, “No reproach upon you today! May Allah forgive you, and He is the Most- Merciful of all the merciful.
Go with this shirt of mine, and put it over the face of my father, and he will turn into a sighted man. And bring to me all your family.”
I often see Imam crying upon this (last part of the incident of Yousuf Alyhis salaam's brother)
Indeed these verses are very emotional...
*وَالَّذِينَ إِذَا فَعَلُوا فَاحِشَةً أَوْ ظَلَمُوا أَنفُسَهُمْ ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاسْتَغْفَرُوا لِذُنُوبِهِمْ وَمَن يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَمْ يُصِرُّوا عَلَىٰ مَا فَعَلُوا وَهُمْ يَعْلَمُونَ
“…And those who, when they have committed Fahishah or wronged themselves with evil, remember Allah and ask forgiveness for their sins; – and none can forgive sins but Allah – And do not persist in what (wrong) they have done, while they know..”
Surat `Al ‘Imrān, 3:135
Anas binMālik رضي الله عنه said, “I was told that when this Ayah, was revealed, Iblīs cried.” Tafsīr Al Qur’ān Al Karīm (Ibn Kathīr)
"Tell them, O My slaves who have wronged their souls: 'Do not despair of Allah's mercy.' " (Al-Zumar:53).
*verses that make me smile are the ones in which Allahs attributes are mentioned.
One of the most inspiring verses must be in Surah Kahf:
Say (O Muhammad SAW to mankind). "If the sea were ink for (writing) the Words of my Lord, surely, the sea would be exhausted before the Words of my Lord would be finished, even if we brought (another sea) like it for its aid." Verse 109.
and the verses that inspired Fudhayl Ibn Iyyad and Abdullah Ibn Mubarak:
Has not the time come for the hearts of those who believe to be affected by the reminder of Allah, and that, which has been revealed of the truth. (Quran 57:16)
Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)
These verses of Surah Yusuf always make me cry:
وَمَا أُبَرِّئُ نَفْسِي إِنَّ النَّفْسَ لَأَمَّارَةٌ بِالسُّوءِ إِلَّا مَا رَحِمَ رَبِّي إِنَّ رَبِّي غَفُورٌ رَحِيمٌ
"Nor do I absolve my own self (of blame): the (human) soul is certainly prone to evil, unless my Lord do bestow His Mercy: but surely my Lord is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." (53)
قَالَ هَلْ عَلِمْتُمْ مَا فَعَلْتُمْ بِيُوسُفَ وَأَخِيهِ إِذْ أَنْتُمْ جَاهِلُونَ
He said: Know ye what ye did unto Joseph and his brother in your ignorance? (89)
قَالُوا أَإِنَّكَ لَأَنْتَ يُوسُفُ قَالَ أَنَا يُوسُفُ وَهَٰذَا أَخِي قَدْ مَنَّ اللَّهُ عَلَيْنَا إِنَّهُ مَنْ يَتَّقِ وَيَصْبِرْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُضِيعُ أَجْرَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
They said: Is it indeed thou who art Joseph? He said: I am Joseph and this is my brother. Allah hath shown us favour. Lo! he who wardeth off (evil) and endureth (findeth favour); for lo! Allah loseth not the wages of the kindly. (90)
رَبِّ قَدْ آتَيْتَنِي مِنَ الْمُلْكِ وَعَلَّمْتَنِي مِنْ تَأْوِيلِ الْأَحَادِيثِ فَاطِرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ أَنْتَ وَلِيِّي فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ تَوَفَّنِي مُسْلِمًا وَأَلْحِقْنِي بِالصَّالِحِينَ
"O my Sustainer! Thou hast indeed bestowed upon me something of power, and hast imparted unto me some knowledge of the inner meaning of happenings. Originator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art near unto me in this world and in the life to come: let me die as one who has surrendered himself unto Thee, and make me one with the righteous!" (101)
One of my favourite surhas i.e. chapters in Qura'an is Mariam which is the Arabic name for Virgin Mary.
One of the many touching verses in that beautiful chapter is the verse that describes Virgin Mary as she was going through the physical and mental agony during the labour contractions. I could only imagine her pain. In the middle of nowhere, all alone, afraid of the ugly accusations that are to fall upon her once she goes home with a fatherless son.
"And the pains of childbirth drove her to the trunk of a palm tree. She said, Oh, I wish I had died before this and was in oblivion, forgotten. (19:23)
But he -Gabriel -called her from below her, Do not grieve; your Lord has provided beneath you a stream.(19:24)
And shake toward you the trunk of the palm tree; it will drop upon you ripe, fresh dates. (Suraat Mariam 19:25)
So Why am I am mesmerized by this verse ?
Shake , the word Shake yes Shake... Even though virgin Mary was going through hell and God could simply get the fresh dates to fall yet she is ordered to shake. It is like God is saying put some effort and I shall help you.
In my personal opinion Miracles DO exist but you are ought to put the effort first. It doesn't matter if those efforts are dwarfish so long you are trying to reach your full potential
"Kind words and the covering of faults are better than charity followed by injury. Allah is free of all wants, and He is Most-Forbearing." (Suraat Al Baqraa - The Cow- 2: 263)
"O ye who believe! Cancel not your charity by reminders of your generosity or by injury, - like those who spend their substance to be seen of men, but believe neither in Allah nor in the Last Day. They are in parable like a hard, barren rock, on which is a little soil: on it falls heavy rain, which leaves it (Just) a bare stone. They will be able to do nothing with aught they have earned. And Allah guideth not those who reject faith." (Suraat Al Baqraa - The Cow- 2: 264)
The Rock Example
The 'rock' example is brilliant. Generally, it doesn't matter how much water you pour over a rock. It doesn’t matter how much soil you spread over it for it will never plant. Similarly, it doesn't matter if you were to feed a nation of poor people if it was followed with injury or reminders of generosity for it will never prosper.
What's the Unconditional Condition for Answering your Prayers ?
"When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant WHEN he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way." (2:186)
In all the Quranic versus that start with the statements, "When My servants ask thee concerning....." , the word "say" follows.
In other words, he orders his prophet to say the answer to us.
For example in Surat Taha:
"And they ask you about the Mountains: SAY, "My Lord will uproot them and scatter them as dust;" (20 : 105)
However in the previous verse, God just says "I am indeed close". It's like he is talking to us directly which emphasizes on the closeness. He doesn't need to order his prophet to say that God is close.
- Now what's the condition for your God to hear you ?
According to this verse there are NO conditions. Contemplate on it...
It says "I listen to the prayer of every suppliantwhen he calleth on Me". Only one condition follows the word "when" and that is "he calleth on Me".
- Are you saying that for God to hear me, all I need is to call him ?
He didn't say good supplicants, or following supplicants, or even religious supplicants. Our merciful God said, every supplicant when he calleth on Me.
..And Shaitan (Satan) will say when the matter has been decided: "Verily, Allah promised you a promise of truth. And I too promised you, but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you, so you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Satan) as a partner with Allah (by obeying me in the life of the world). Verily, there is a painful torment for the Zalimoon (polytheists and wrong-doers, etc.)."
Surah Ibrahim Ayah 22
"...Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?"
Surah Ar Rahman
"In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
The Beneficent, the Merciful.
Owner of the Day of Judgment,
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.
Guide us on the straight path,
The path of those whom Thou hast favored;
Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray."
If You punish them, they are Your servants, and if You forgive them, verily, You, only You are the Almighty, the All-Wise.[5:118]
Doesn't make me cry but this dua within al baqarah makes me want to automatically do sajdah whenever i am reminded of it.
[002.286] Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maulâ (Patron, Supporter and Protector) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."
* sometimes read the seerah and weep because of the pain Mohammad (saw) the sahaba (ra) and the great women in Islam may Allah have mercy on them all endured in the up-rising of Islam and I just reflect and contemplate on my own on how we are lucky today to be Muslims and I myself have so much to accomplish and contribute to Islam but because of my lazyness at times I don't do enough where every day was a struggle for the prophets and their companions.
The things we take for granted such as food is a blessing, the water we drink is a blessing and that is even mentioned in the Qur'an that Allah (swt) has made it not sour for us. So in essence every ayah must be reflected on, as every ayah is a revelation
But you cannot will, unless Allah wills. Verily, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise. [76:30]
Then there came running, from the farthest part of the City, a man, saying, "O my people! Obey the apostles:
21. "Obey those who ask no reward of you (for themselves), and who have themselves received Guidance.
22. "It would not be reasonable in me if I did not serve Him Who created me, and to Whom ye shall (all) be brought back.
23. "Shall I take (other) gods besides Him? If ((Allah)) Most Gracious should intend some adversity for me, of no use whatever will be their intercession for me, nor can they deliver me.
24. "I would indeed, if I were to do so, be in manifest Error.
25. "For me, I have faith in the Lord of you (all): listen, then, to me!"
26. It was said: "Enter thou the Garden." He said: "Ah me! Would that my People knew (what I know)!-
27. "For that my Lord has granted me Forgiveness and has enrolled me among those held in honour!"
28. And We sent not down against his People, after him, any hosts from heaven, nor was it needful for Us so to do.
29. It was no more than a single mighty Blast, and behold! they were (like ashes) quenched and silent.
30. Ah! Alas for (My) Servants! There comes not an apostle to them but they mock him!
31. See they not how many generations before them we destroyed? Not to them will they return:
32. But each one of them all - will be brought before Us (for judgment).
One of my favourite verses:
60. Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good?
7. And to Allâh belong the armies of the heavens and the earth. And Allâh is Ever All-Knower, All-Wise.
18. And they brought his shirt stained with false blood. He said: "Nay, but your ownselves have made up a tale. So (for me) patience is most fitting. And it is Allâh (Alone) Whose help can be sought against that which you assert."
33. And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance, and perform As-Salât (IqamâtasSalât), and give Zakât and obey Allâh and His Messenger. Allâh wishes only to remove ArRijs (evil deeds and sins, etc.) from you, O members of the family (of the Prophet SAW), and to purify you with a thorough purification.
64. Verily, Allâh has cursed the disbelievers, and has prepared for them a flaming Fire (Hell).
65. Wherein they will abide for ever, and they will find neither a Walî (a protector) nor a helper.
66. On the Day when their faces will be turned over in the Fire, they will say: "Oh, would that we had obeyed Allâh and obeyed the Messenger (Muhammad SAW)."
118. "If You punish them, they are Your slaves, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the AllMighty, the AllWise."
Sadaqallahu Al Atheem